- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp low fat margarine
- 3 cups low fat milk
- 4 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 and 1/2 cups low fat cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Cook macaroni in boiling water until soft, drain and set aside.
- Melt margarine in saucepan, add grated carrot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to form a paste, slowly add milk while stirring to a thick sauce.
- Add mustard and cheese, stir and cook over low heat until cheese is melted, Stir in the macaroni then pour into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake at 180ºC for 20minutes. Serve with salad or vegetables.