- 1 tsp olive oil and extra to grease
- 2 lamb loins (back-strap)
- 150g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- Pinch garlic salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 220c. Brush baking tray with olive oil. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Heat half oil in non stick frying pan over high heat. Add lamb, cook for 1 min each side or until just browned, transfer to plate with paper towel.
- Add remaining oil to pan, cook mushrooms for 1-2 mins until tender, transfer to a bowl.
- Place pastry on clean surface and spread with mustard, place lamb in centre of pastry and top with mushrooms. Brush pastry edges with egg and fold to seal edges and enclose filling. Repeat with second pastry and lamb loin.
- Place wellingtons on baking tray seam side up, brush with remaining egg and bake for 20mins or until pastry is puffed and golden, serve with steamed vegetables.