- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- Peas and corn, use vegetables you have
- 1 x 250g can of diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 beef stock cube in ½ cup of hot water
- 600g peeled potatoes
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- Heat oil in non-stick frypan, add mince and fry for 5 minutes until browned. Stir in carrots, tomatoes, peas, carrots, onion, tomato paste and stock. Reduce heat, cover and cook, stirring often for 15 minutes.
- Chop potatoes, place in sauce pan and add water to cover. Bring water to the boil, and boil for 10 minutes then drain off the water. Add milk to potatoes and mash.
- Place mince mixture into a casserole dish and arrange mashed potato over the top.
- Grill for 2 -3 minutes or until the potato is golden brown and serve.