- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 4 zucchini, cut into 1cm full length strips
- 12 (150g) button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 x 80g wholemeal pita breads
- 1/2 cup no added salt tomato paste
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 60g reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 80g reduced fat mozzarella or cheddar cheese, grated
- Char-grill the eggplant and zucchini in a non-stick grill or frypan until tender. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute or until just cooked.
- Spread the pita breads with tomato paste and top with eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, capsicum, feta and mozzarella.
- Bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes or until the base is crisp and the cheese has melted.
- Cut into slices and serve.