- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1kg broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 4 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic, stir for 8 to 10mins until soft.
- Add broccoli, stock and 2 cups water to pan. Cover, bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15mins. Remove from heat.
- In a small frying pan dry-fry pine nuts, stirring for 3 mins until golden. Add to soup.
- Using a food processor or blender, process soup in batches until smooth, season with salt and pepper and serve.