- 4 cups water
- Large bunch asparagus
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 6 slices wholemeal bread, diced
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
- Pinch salt
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan, add asparagus boil for 3mins. Drain and place asparagus in icy water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, milk, bread dices, eggs, cheese and salt. Place mixture into a greased baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 5 hours.
- Remove from fridge 30min before baking. Bake uncovered at 180c for 45-55mins or until a knife inserted comes out clean, serve with green salad.